Good Prognosis is a dedicated private medical practice support service focused on ensuring the medical aid payment cycles are optimised to ensure a healthy cash flow for the health care professional.
Good Prognosis started off servicing a solo general practitioner more than a decade ago after he was left in the lurch by his administration staff. Like drinking from a fire hose, the learning curve was steep, and within a relatively short space of time we learnt about the onerous and complex rules that are imposed on any healthcare practitioner that services medical aid patients.
Over time, a number of general practitioners approached us to assist them with setting up private practices in the informal settlements dotted around the Rustenburg area. Together we walked the road, and despite a few setbacks along the way, most of the efforts resulted in successful community practices.
We firmly believe in forging strong personal relationships with our clients. We walk with you in your shoes and stay by your side as you travel the road to your success. We do not have a one-size-fits-all solution. Every practice, doctor and staff member is individually different.
Regardless of the size or locality of your practice, we custom make a solution to meet your needs and we recommend a solution only after we have a full understanding of your needs. Listening and talking to you is, and will forever be, an important cornerstone of our business. We are genuinely dedicated to helping you achieve your dream. It fuels our passion to see you succeed and you give us the knowledge to be the best at what we do.
Good Prognosis has grown significantly over the past few years, largely due to word of mouth referrals from our existing customers. However, we still believe in building a personal relationship with each and every client and doing more than just delivering a service, we walk alongside our clients as a business partner, helping them grow.
Our services include the following:
- Initial practice registration (medical aids, DSP registrations, etc.)
- Staff training (software, coding, process flows, etc.)
- Layout of consulting rooms (information and patient flows)
- Advice on marketing approach (branding, signage, stationery, etc.)
- Interim office management
- Supply patient information forms
Billing and Collection Services
- Daily collection of patient information forms
- Capture and submission of claims electronically
- Capture cash payments
- Reconcile payments against claims submitted
- Resolve medical scheme queries
- Resolve patient queries
Through our partners, we provide the following services:
- Income and provisional tax calculations and submissions
- Employee labour requirements: contracts, payslips, UIF and PAYE
- Capture monthly transactions through accounting programs
- Cashbook and bank reconciliations
- Calculation of VAT payments to SARS
- Basic financial statements
- Cash flow management
Tel: +27 12 665 5336