Skip to content
Fred Arendse (Founder and CEO)
- Fred, a mining entrepreneur, founded the SSC Group 10 years ago to pursue business in the natural resources sector.
- He has more than 22 years of experience in the mining industry having spent 4 years with JCI coal division before joining Anglo American – Platinum where he rose to the position of Head of Transformation at the
- Fred is a member of the Black Management Forum. In addition to his position at SSC, Fred serves on various boards including Redpath Mining – SA, an international contract mining and shaft sinking company, Operation Improvement Management Company, Zamfin, and SSC associated companies.
- Fred holds a degree in Human Resources and Business Management from the University of Technology, Cape Town, UNISA and a LDP from WITS.
- Fred also plays an active leadership role for Peace and Stability in the South African Mining Industry. He also served as Process Leader for Peace and Stability at Anglo Platinum from 2013 until 2015.