Skip to content
- Kgabo Moabelo is a seasoned executive with experience in different sectors such as Energy, Financial Services, Information Technology and Mining. He previously worked for corporate entities such as Eskom, Anglo Platinum, Standard Bank, Cisco Systems, and Gold Fields. He currently is the Non-Executive Chairman of Yeo Technologies.
- During 2013, Kgabo was appointed as the Managing Executive for Gold Fields South Africa, where he was responsible for the operations, driving strategy, plans, and operational delivery. Leading one of the four Gold Fields regions.
- He has also served on several boards of companies including Cisco South Africa, Bankmed, 21st Century Business and Pay Solutions, and Rand Refineries.
- Kgabo brings with him a wealth of skills, knowledge and experience at both operational, executive and strategic levels, which will add to the SSC Group and its Board in matters relating to strategic direction, advice, business growth and sustainability.
- Kgabo has an MSc in Engineering Business Management – Warwick University; B Admin Hons Industrial Psychology – Unisa; B Admin Industrial Psychology – University of Limpopo.
(Founder and CEO)
- Fred, a mining entrepreneur, founded the SSC Group 14 years ago to pursue business in the natural resources sector.
- He has more than 22 years of experience in the mining industry having spent 4 years with JCI coal division before joining Anglo American Platinum where he rose to the position of Head of Transformation at the Corporate Office.
- Fred is a member of the Black Management Forum. In addition to his position at SSC, Fred serves on various boards including Redpath Mining – SA, an international contract mining and shaft sinking company, Operation Improvement Management Company, Zamfin, and SSC associated companies.
- Fred holds a degree in Human Resources and Business Management from the University of Technology, Cape Town, UNISA and a LDP from WITS.
- Fred also plays an active leadership role for Peace and Stability in the South African Mining Industry. He also served as Process Leader for Peace and Stability at Anglo Platinum from 2013 until 2015
Garreth Sexton CA (SA)
(Non – Executive Director)
- Garreth Sexton is a Charted Accountant (SA).
- He completed his articles at Ernst & Young before acquiring international
experience in the United Kingdom.
- Garreth has extensive experience in corporate finance and auditing practices.
- He was the Head of the BEE Ratings Division at SizweNtsaluba VSP before joining the SSC Group as Director of Finance and Corporate Development.
- He also sits on the board of Zamfin Capital (Pty) Ltd – an SSC associate that handles coal processing and commodity trading.
(Group Executive Exploration and Advisory)
- Kenneth is a registered professional geologist with over ten (10) years experience in the mining industry having worked on both underground and opencast mining. He has held senior positions in various world-class companies within South Africa and of note are Exxaro Resources, Sasol Mining, Sumo Coal and Xstrata Coal SA.
- He has extensive knowledge in the preparation of Pre-feasibility and Feasibility Studies, Due Diligent studies, financial model evaluation to create a General Business Development.
- His field of expertise is in Exploration management both green and brownfields projects, mining production in operating mines focusing on reserve optimization, geological condition forecast, quality control, geological mapping, Geological Modeling, Contract mining, mine planning and Resources and Reserves Reporting according to the SAMREC and JORC code of practice. His experience spans strategy, business improvement, business optimization and operational excellence strategies.
Velile Nhlapo (SSC Director on Redpath Mining Board)
- Velile obtained his B.Tech (Mining and received his Mine Manager’s Certificate both in Metalliferous Mines
- He is the former CEO of Frazer Alexander and serves as a non- executive director on the board Redpath Mining representing SSC Group.
- Velile is a seasoned mining professional with over 20 years of experience. He has worked in the mining and contracting Industry as Mine Manager, currently Head of Strategy at Impala Platinum.
- He has experience in turn-around strategy of the businesses.